A news reporter asked Ratan Tata as to why Tatas are not making as much money as Reliance. He was said to have replied, We are industrialists. they are businessmen.
What TATA did to 26/11 Mumbai victims?
A must read Topic for all Indians
LET THE WORLD KNOW WHAT IS CORPORATE SOCIAL RESPONSIBILITY?
THE NEWS WE DO NOT KNOW! The Tata Gesture
All category of employees including those who had completed even 1 day as casuals were treated on duty during the time the hotel was closed.
2. Relief and assistance to all those who were injured and killed
3. The relief and assistance was extended to all those who died at the railway station, surroundings including the Pav bhaji vendor and the panshop owners.
4. During the time the hotel was closed, the salaries were sent by money order.
5. A psychiatric cell was established in collaboration with Tata Institute of Social Sciences to counsel those who needed such help.
6. The thoughts and anxieties going on peoples mind was constantly tracked and where needed psychological help provided.
7. Employee outreach centers were opened where all help, food, water, sanitation, first aid and counseling was provided. 1600 employees were covered by this facility.
8. Every employee was assigned to one mentor and it was that persons responsibility to act as a single window clearance for any help that the person required.
9. Ratan Tata personally visited the families of all the 80 employees who in some manner either through injury or getting killed were affected.
10. The dependents of the employees were flown from outside Mumbai to Mumbai and taken care off in terms of ensuring mental assurance and peace. They were all accommodated in Hotel President for 3 weeks.
11. Ratan Tata himself asked the families and dependents as to what they wanted him to do.
12. In a record time of 20 days, a new trust was created by the Tatas for the purpose of relief of employees.
13. What is unique is that even the other people, the railway employees, the police staff, the pedestrians who had nothing to do with Tatas were covered by compensation. Each one of them was provided subsistence allowance of Rs. 10K per month for all these people for 6 months.
14. A 4 year old granddaughter of a vendor got 4 bullets in her and only one was removed in the Government hospital. She was taken to Bombay hospital and several lacs were spent by the Tatas on her to fully recover her.
15. New hand carts were provided to several vendors who lost their carts
16. Tata will take responsibility of life education of 46 children of the victims of the terror.
17. This was the most trying period in the life of the organization. Senior managers including Ratan Tata were visiting funeral to funeral over the 3 days that were most horrible.
18. The settlement for every deceased member ranged from Rs. 36 to 85 lacs [One lakh rupees translates to approx 2200 US $ ] in addition to the following benefits:
a. Full last salary for life for the family and dependents;
b. Complete responsibility of education of children and dependent anywhere in the world.
c.Full Medical facility for the whole family and dependents for rest of their life.
d. All loans and advances were waived off irrespective of the amount.
e. Counselor for life for each person
How was such passion created among the employees? How and why did they behave the way they did?
The organization is clear that it is not something that someone can take credit for. It is not some training and development that created such behavior. If someone suggests that everyone laughs. It has to do with the DNA of the organization, with the way Tata culture exists and above all with the situation that prevailed that time. The organization has always been telling that customers and guests are priority.
The hotel business was started by Jamshedji Tata when he was insulted in one of the British hotels and not allowed to stay there.He created several institutions which later became icons of progress, culture and modernity. IISc is one such institute. He was told by the rulers that time that he can acquire land for IISc to the extent he could fence the same. He could afford fencing only 400 acres.
When the HR function hesitatingly made a very rich proposal to Ratan he said do you think we are doing enough?
The whole approach was that the organization would spend several hundred crore in re-building the property why not spend equally on the employees who gave their life?
This is NOT COVERED BY Any NEWS CHANNELS
Like JOKERS RUNNING AAJTAK, ZEE NEWS , IBN These People Busy SHOWING DOGS CATS and cricketers
Forward to all people who you know to show what Ratan Tata DID for his Employees and other Indians.
PASS ON TO YOUR FRIENDS! LET THE WOR LD KNOW WHAT IS "CORPORATE SOCIAL RESPONSIBILITY
And U have driven them out from Bengal.
Many thanks to them who forwarded the msg. Its ridiculous to watch opposite action of Tatas in case of Singur village under Hooghly district of West Bengal where the corporate forgot social responsibility towards landless, marginal land owners in thousands those became the victims of a proposed automobile industrial estate. Those victims might not have killed or made physically handicapped by terrorists bullets but obviously suffered the same trauma once police and harmads drove them forcibly out of their farm land and made them beggar overnight. The minor girls and women were molested, raped and killed besides causing physical torture and arresting on false charges to hundreds of innocent protesting forcible acquisition of their farm land. The whole of Bengal raised voice against CPM harmads and condemned Tatas for encouraging inhuman action by the state administration. The Tatas were condemned world wide.
It should not be forgotten that corporates worldwide behave brutal once their attempt for investment of capital at the cost of human sufferings is resisted. Corporate responsibility means to build up image in the society and safeguarding of uni-national and transnational capital and it also means to extend relief package to the section of people live as parasites of those multinational and transnational corporate capital. And M/s Tata & Sons belongs to the same category.